How do I go about trying to save my photo to make sure it meets the assignment requirements? I used Lightroom CC but was unsuccessful and proceeded to try Photoshop and it worked on there to just save it in the format required for the assignment. If I need to clarify please let me know! Thank you for your time!
Quick Steps on Exporting Images in Lightroom:
- After you have imported and processed your photo(s), go the the Library module at the top right-ish corner of Lightroom
- Choose the photo(s) you want to export in the film strip at the bottom. You may hold down the Command/Control key to select more than one photo
- Click the Export button at the lower left corner of Lightroom
- In the new window, work your way down
- Decide on your export location and if you want it in a sub folder
- Custom name the photo(s) to the assignment’s requirements
- Correct File Settings to:
- AdobeRGB (1998)
- Quality is 80 or higher – the higher the number the better the quality but also larger files
- Resize to fit the Long Edge to 1920 pixels at 72 PPI
- Do not output sharpen
- Include All Metadata – but remove Person Info and Location Info if personal
- Do not watermark your photos for this class
- Click the Export button
Here is a sample of how the window should look.
Quick Steps on Exporting Images in Photoshop:
After you have opened and processed your photos, you will want to resize them for submission. When you resize in Photoshop, you are changing the actual size of the original image if you save it under the same name. As we are sizing down, this means that your 1920 long images would not be good to print any bigger than a couple of inches in finished size. To save your large files size, follow these steps.
- Process your large photo so that it looks like you want it to
- Save your large photo
- Go to File > Save As and save your large photo again with the assignment requirement name
- Resize your photo by going to Image > Image Size in the top menu
- Change the Resolution to 72 PPI first
- Correct the longest side to 1920 pixels
- Click the OK button
- Go to File > Save As and save your now smaller photo as a JPG from the drop-down menu
Now all you will need to do is log into Canvas, go to the assignment, and click on the Submit button at the top right of the assignment to upload it. Please remember to include your exposure notes in the Comments area of the upload.